Tuesday 7 October 2014

Que Sera Sera

Dear all,

I shall endeavour to bring a little joy in what promises to be a miserable international break for Arsenal fans. It may be joy shrouded in rye bitterness and sarcasm but genuine joy can be found in many a place.


I'm a twat.

I know it's been a while since my last blog post but I shan't make a thing of it as I am not keen to make it a recurring theme in my blog openings. I'm also aware this paragraph counters that very sentiment, so all sporadic blog posts in the future will never feature this acknowledgement again!

So, Sunday. Sunday Sunday Sunday... And not in the American, excited, superbowl sort of SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY. More of a morose and mournful Sunday... uttered in place of restrained weeps. I had the pleasure of sharing a train home with some drunken yokel Arsenal fans who were full of rage and insight as to Arsenal's short comings. As I listened to their ranting and raving I realised I was sit opposite a man hiding his Chelsea shirt under a black polo shirt. For a moment I felt a little ashamed that the presence of aggressive Arsenal fans may be the reason he felt the need to hide his colours but then I remembered he was a Chelsea fan and therefore a cunt.

Alluding to a previous blog of mine, being a Chelsea fan is like being a fan of Nazis. Yeah, Chelsea have some good ideas, never mind they're pure evil. Say what you like about Jose. He has the trains running on time (incidently, Hitler never did).

He should be ashamed of his colours regardless of how moronic those Gooners may have been, and besides they weren't outwardly aggressive. Just moronically obnoxious in their debate about Arsenal. Apparently, passing is shit. One of them declared that they hate passing. The same guy also asserted that he was as good as Cazorla. I may be judging on appearances alone which is not cool, nevertheless, I doubt it. However, I credit him with this analogy which I totally get. He said Arsenal's passing was like offering to and then withholding sweets from children (paraphrasing). It really is against any decent opposition. They knock it around in the opponents half. Like fools, we expect something to happen, and it rarely materialises.

It makes me long for this time last season. We were on a ridiculous hot streak and went on to rack up convincing wins against Liverpool and Napoli and we snatched a great win at Borussia Dortmund. Regardless of what the pundits say. We have won big games, and in recent enough memory.

This may not bring much consolation to some, but we were beaten by a very good Chelsea side. It's horrid to accept they're better than us at the moment, but they're better than everyone right now. They are in the zone we were in this time last year.

Nevertheless, it's time for Arsenal to establish themselves again. In the wake of Sunday, I for the first time found myself considering Wenger's rule as best for our club since his first full season. I'm aware a lot of people have had doubts over Wenger before, but I had never been shaken. Now, for me, he needs to have this team playing like winners by the end of the season or it's time for us to find an upgrade. - It has to be a Klopp-esque upgrade. For so long we've had the excuse of resources and money to fall back on. Player quality. Not anymore. We have Ozil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla, Mertesacker, Koscielny... These are players who should be achieving almost by right. We have Wilshere, Welbeck, Gibbs, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain... Players who are on the edge of world class and need to push themselves over the line. Beyond those names we have a wealth of depth and experience. Resources and finances are no longer an issue for us. We have great players. A team of individuals with quality to rival Chelsea. We weren't beaten by a team of superior talent. We were beaten by a better, more confident team... of cunts.

I hope there were a few nuggets of amusement to be found in here. I'll have a blog with my thoughts on what our players need to do up in the coming days (lolz - maybeez! Don't hold your breath)

That's all from theArseAndAll.

No comments:

Post a Comment