Tuesday 16 September 2014

Bring on Borussia

Dear readers,

It's been a while. I blame my work load. It's heavy. I really shouldn't have started this blog around the time I started teaching.

Nevertheless, where there is something for me to say, however pointless or redundant because it's been covered by x amount of other more known and read blogs, I shall be here to say it!

I have something to say. I am thoroughly looking forward to the Borussia Dortmund game. Do I think it will be easy? Absolutely not. Do I think we're in with a good chance? I have to think so. I think after Saturday's performance we're building to a good run. Okay, Saturday was not without it's flaws and, yes, there are certainly a great number of issues that we face. An ever mounting injury list for one.

We've had so many significant injuries this season already that I think we've got enough stamps on our card with the physios that we should be due a free robot leg or something.

This has led to the probability that Hector Bellerin will be promoted sooner than expected. I feel this is compounded by Arsenal.com's latest offering


The cynic in me would suggest Arsenal.com are attempting to get people used to the idea that we're playing a right back with little to no competitive experience in very important games. Let's face it, when we signed Chambers we would have baulked at the prospect of him playing in that position but now it seems much more favourable than Bellerin.

Nevertheless, I hope Bellerin comes good. From what I've seen he's got a lot of potential so let's hold on the criticism.

OH this just in, Bellerin starts. Good stuff. Besides, while we certainly lack in defenders, even if we had got the CB we all realise we needed, we lost both of our right backs in the space of a week and I think Bellerin would have played tonight anyway even with an extra CB.

Anyway, we've met Dortmund before, 4 times in the past 3 years as has been well documented. We've generally come out favourably. They have good players but they no longer have Lewandowski. We are a lot stronger going forward than we were last year and we were excellent at times on Saturday. We're due a good performance coupled with a good result. And we're undefeated so far although our points total isn't all that. Let's keep marching on!

That's all from TheArseAndAll

No comments:

Post a Comment