Tuesday 23 September 2014

Forgotten ones take on the Saints...

Hi all,

Thought I'd get a blog in this evening as we have a game coming up and people are more likely to read my indulgent drivel when it's loosely tied to something they care about.

Perhaps I'm being a bit too honest.



Anyways, my thoughts on this evening. I concur with most and see this as a golden opportunity to rotate. I expect our defence to be very young and cobbled together with Bellerin and Hayden getting starts, probably Chambers too in the centre, then someone like Coquelin at leftback. As for the rest of the team I'd expect to see coming in: Ospina, Diaby, Podolski, Rosicky, Campbell, Flamini and maybe someone like Gnabry. that team actually could be pretty strong going forward on paper. A front three of Podolski, Campbell and Gnabry certainly could offer a lot. I'd bring in Sanogo if he isn't actually injured anymore too. and I'd be pretty comfortable with a central three of Flamini, Diaby and Rosicky if they are all fit and good to go against a lot of teams. It speaks volumes for our depth. Shame about the lack there of in the back.

I'm looking forward to seeing these players get their chance to prove they have something tangible to offer in a side of already high quality because you have to think if they can't perform tonight they're unlikely to get much of a look in in the important games. Unlike previous Carling Cups, youth will be fielded out of necessity rather than luxury in the back four but we have so many experienced players not getting minutes they have to be getting those minutes in these games.

What's more, this encounter is quite a tasty one for me because I genuinely could not careless if we crash out of the cup at this stage. Given the choice, of course a win is preferred, but having won the FA cup last season, I am not so desperate for silverware that I want to see our strongest team really go for the League Cup as I might have done in recent seasons. As long as our players go out their to do their best and impress I'll be content. The Saints are on a roll this season. Having said that, if our team can stay organised defensively to cover for the inexperienced back four, we definitely have enough going forward to hurt them and I'd say we're favourites going into this game.

Hopefully, unlike last Tuesday *cough* you won't read from me again this evening because all went swimmingly. My foot did not taste nice.

That's all from TheArseAndAll.

No comments:

Post a Comment