Monday 8 September 2014

Welbeck Well braced in England outing. More of that for us please!

Good evening dear loyal readers.

I hope you had a good weekend. I certainly had an adequate one. I saw the hundred-foot-journey on Saturday, a moderately enjoyable food film outing. There's little else to say about it however I am certain I can relate it to Arsenal. A young Indian cook and his family end up opening a restaurant across the street from a Michelin starred restaurant. One of the French chefs whose name I can't remember from the Michelin starred place turned out to be a bit of a racist. Let's call him Jean Thierry. Incensed with rage at the Indian restaurant being open on Bastille day he and his mates Ashli Ceul and Reubin Vin Peppe (le pew) tried to torch the place! The owner who had previously been a bit of a Mourinho morphed into something a bit nicer, like... I can't think of an opposition manager I actually like. Maybe David Moyes. Anyway she helped them clean up their wall, sacked Jean Thierry and offered the young chef, Yayaz Anogeu, a job. He worked his way up the ranks, kicked arse, earned them another Michelin star, then returned home the finished article.

Now my if my thinly veiled allegory is lost on you let me explain. I think Arsenal should take this approach and loan out Yaya Sanogo! He'll be all the better for it! Not to Chelsea of course. No, and I don't think he should take the place of John Terry (represented by Jean Thierry). but yeah, loan him out. It'll do him good!

Anyway, if Saturday was somewhat inspiring, Sunday was better. I saw Matilda at the West End. It was awesome. I love Ms. Trunchball even if she did kill the teachers mother. Easily the best character. The evening was polished off at the pub which was delightful even if it did make my morning at work less bearable.

Now onto new business. Welbeck scored both of England's goals in their victory over Switzerland. Good for England. I'm English, mostly. I like that England won. But I'm a Gooner, entirely. I like that an Arsenal player, albeit one who is yet to kick a ball in anger or otherwise in our favour, scored two goals. An Arsenal striker no less. Although this won't benefit us directly, the confidence gained at scoring an international brace can only be good for us. Right? It can't hurt anyway!

Is it me or does Welbeck look a lot nicer, like a much more decent chap, since regaining his soul from the devils?

On a night when England played pretty well, if they rode their luck a little, I am most pleased with Welbeck. Raheem Stirling excited Robbie Savage by trundling around and kicking the ball over the bar a lot. Wayne Rooney was a potato as always. An effective one, he was, for sure. But still a potato. He looks, acts, smells and finishes like a potato. Of course I'm biased so I would only be most pleased with Arsenal players. Wayne Rooney could score the winning goal in a world cup final and he would still be a potato to me.

On me spud, mate!

Gone are the days when I could get behind a team not heavily Arsenal influenced. I remember being quite passionately behind the England team in Euro 96 and World cup 98. Of course I was 11-13 years old at the time.
 I saw a few good moves from Wilshere too which was nice. I never see anything bad from Wilshere in an England shirt. Admittedly, I don't see him turn the games on his head but I never thought he deserved the vitriol he gets from plebs like Jamie Redknapp. Jamie Redknapp who was to football what Jedward was to music (no one can remember what their contribution was yet they seemed to have their heyday anyway).

But I digress, and might I prematurely and naively HAIL King Welbeck and wish him many years a top our front line, shinning in goals from all angles and distances.

Til tomorrow,

TheArseAndALLLLLLLLLL

No comments:

Post a Comment