Monday 22 September 2014

What a difference a game makes...

Hi dear reader. I know it's been about a week but I didn't much fancy blogging a lot after last Tuesday. What's more, weekends are out of bounds for me so here's your latest lot.


I think it's been pretty well covered but what's the point in blogging if you can't indulge in the joy resulting from a comfortable 3 nil win.
Three minutes of Ozilicious Welbeckness plus some lovely finishing from Cissokho (lolz!!) sealed three points for us, and a gleeful 60 minutes of monotony for the remainder of the match. I perhaps enjoyed the final hour as much as that fantastic three minutes. What's more, I would be remiss not to mention the other great things that happened this weekend. So I shall simply list the things that I loved:

Ozil's goal - cool finish. Great to see. Hopefully this marks the beginning of a long period of confidence for our fragile artist.

Ozil's celebration - as much as I loved his goal, I loved how f**king pleased he looked about it. It went against peoples' impression that he doesn't look bothered in games. He always looks like he works hard to me and he runs a lot but it might not be as obviously gut busting as the likes of someone like Sanchez.

Welbeck getting off the mark - I've been impressed with Mr Welbeck since his arrival and this can only do him good.

Ozil and Welbeck linking up deliciously - a little promise of something synergetic between them. Very exciting.

Arsenal bossing the game, especially after the goals - We had some rocky moments before our goals but after that Villa had no chance. Don't listen to illness excuses. They are as warranted as us being tired after the city game last Tuesday. I know it doesn't compare but I've played football when I've been under the weather and the adrenalin carries you a long way. They might well have felt it after the game but not during as much as people would have you believe.

Lampard's equaliser - You couldn't make it up. I never thought I'd be so pleased to see Fatface Lumpard succeed. It was hilarious that he was applauded by Chelsea fans, only to make them swallow such a bitter pill but 5 minutes later.


5-3 down from 3-1 up, that is how to f**k it up! - need I say more? It never gets less funny when united lose. Part of me suspects Giggs is intentionally giving Van Gaal bad advice so he can get the job he so desperately wants. I wouldn't touch the utd job with a barge pole. Tell you what team I would happily manage, though? Celtic... Guaranteed success. Neil Lennon probably quit because he was bored of all the half days and casual Fridays. That and the abuse, of course.

Spurs losing at home - LOL

Everton and Liverpool both losing - Just, lovely stuff. Everton was a massive shock. I did fancy The Hammers for that game though. Liverpool will definitely miss Luis Suarez. When Liverpool are on their game they can definitely still beat anyone but when they're not they've got no one to rescue them anymore.

Everything I wanted to happen happened. Well almost everything. I wanted a City Chelsea draw but they didn't kick lumps out of each other as I had hoped. But you never know. Maybe they'll be struck down by the VillaVirus.

This was a fun blog.

That's all from the ArseAndAll...

No comments:

Post a Comment