Thursday 4 September 2014

I like good and likable things

Hello all,

I just can't help myself with this blogging recently. I've already got the next one written because it's nice and general and dare I say... timeless. I can post it any time and it will be just as relevant, or not, as the case may be.

This however is a response to the goings on. I have just discovered part two of Danny Welbeck's Arsenal Player interview. The sequel to part one, I suppose. I didn't know there would be a sequel. You may have read it and in it he discusses the Arsenal team, the core of English players and how he is familiar with London Colney. Clearly our stellar training facilities and local faces have been instrumental in getting Welbeck up the Arse n all. to the Arsenal. They say sequels are never as good as the original and in my opinion this is no exception. No disrespect to Welbeck, of course. I'm sure he didn't realise when he signed the contract he'd be doing interview after interview.

Had he realised he might have saved some of the gold from the first interview, in which he revealed is psychic powers of future predictions. In part 2, he reveals somewhat startlingly that he admired Henry when he was growing up. My nan (she doesn't know much about football) knew that Mr Henry was amazing stuff of legend even as he played. Could you imagine, when asked about Henry, if Welbeck had said, "Henry? No, I never cared for him. I thought he was a poor player. Yes he scored 200+ Premier League goals, but they weren't all scorchers were they? Yes, he was the talisman for the only Premier League team to last a season unbeaten, but did he ever achieve perfect equilibrium with the horizon of his haircut? Awful awful player."? Admiring Henry is akin to liking pizza. Those who don't are immediately thought of as weird and should be ostracised.

A positive can be drawn from his interview however. He lists his two heroes growing up as Thierry Henry and Ryan Giggs. He was supposedly a united fan but in my book you can't be a proper fan of a club and idolise a player from their direct rival. Therefore, he wasn't really a united fan and will have no reservations putting them to the sword! (I may be getting ahead of myself).

Usually in trilogies the first is great, the second is poor and the third really pulls it together. Thus, I await Welbeck interview part 3.

TheArseAndAllIsUp

BTW - if anyone doesn't like Henry, Pizza or other obviously likable things that everyone likes, let me know. For instance, I'm British and I don't like tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment