Thursday 4 September 2014

More than they deserve...

This is the fourth offering from TheArseAndAll in as many days and, while that may not be impressive to you, I have already exceeded my own expectations. Maybe I should set the bar a little higher. Perhaps I should try to churn out a blog every hour! Or maybe I should simply try to stay the path of one a day. Really it's been four in three days. I am writing this now on the third of September with the intention of posting it on the fifth of September (edit: and here I am posting it on the fourth. I can't help myself). I wrote the transfer window one a day in advance of publishing. I wrote the Welbeck prophet one with the intention of posting it on the fourth but I figured it would be better to be current.

You don't need to know all this so I'll get to the point of this blog. RIGHT AFTER thanking who ever is giving my blogs +1. You are making me very happy. The next thing that will make me happy and justify my writing existence it to see some comments on these blogs. I will interact. I don't bite.  But alas it is early days.

Now to the point of the blog.

While I had made it clear in the initial blog: http://thearseandall.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/enter-arse.html (notice how I'm steering people back to previous blogs to up the views? clever eh). Yes, while I made it clear in my opening post, that this blog is about celebrating Arsenal and not griping to much about them for it really does sap the joy out of football for me, I did also mention that this blog will moan about stuff. This can take the form of slagging off those players whom a fan might feel wronged by.

In fact, plotting revenge on such characters can be a huge source of pleasure and therefore is very much in keeping with the spirit of TheArseAndAll. Thus I would like to turn my attentions to Cesc.
Now, I recently commented on an Arseblog news article (cheap pops) that "I got over my Cesc love very quickly when he started teeing them  up [with distressing regularity] at Chelsky. I hope the rest of his career is met with abject failure. Sounds harsh to type it “out loud”. But he’s not an Arsenal player."




Fabregas was never of an era to sport such Pat Sharp like hair

As with many fans, I harboured the romantic ideal of Cesc's glorious return to Arsenal, a la Henry, however Cesc would still be in full pomp. I tried to reconcile his transfer to Chelsea when it happened by telling myself he was never the player at Barcelona that he was for us. We have Ozil. Cesc has lost his youthful looks. We don't need him. Therefore it's okay for him to go and flounder at Chelsea. His immediate success coupled with the lack of immediate obvious impact from Ozil has swiftly dropped the axe on that one way emotional connection I felt with him and perhaps a career met with abject failure is not satisfying enough recompense.

Nay, if the world were fair, not only would Cesc suffer careerwise, he would have to face everyday accompanied by a backing soundtrack courtesy of The Shaggs: (edit: for some reason the video won't stream directly to the blog, but check it out,. It's awesomely vengeful)



Widely accepted as one of, if not the worst band/musical project of all time. To fully satisfy my vendetta, every time he farted, he would poop without restraint. Too much to ask?

It maybe petty, but therein lies the fun. Let's have a think about some of the others that have wronged us. Let us know what you think would be genuinely fitting retribution. Here is some inspiration.
  

Did I miss anyone?




No comments:

Post a Comment